with Caroline Virgo Director of The Clewer Initiative 7:30pm Wednesday 1st February 2023
There are an estimated 136,000 victims in the UK. Modern Slavery comes in many forms and can be difficult to identify- it is present in every type of community and victims don’t fit into a simple stereotype.
- Could you spot the signs of modern slavery?
- Would you know what to do if you suspect someone is a victim of modern slavery?
- What can Deaneries do about modern slavery?
In this Deanery Briefing Caroline Virgo Director of The Clewer Initiative will help Deaneries to consider:
- What is modern slavery?
- How might it be taking place in my local community?
- How do you recognise, respond, record and refer concerns about modern slavery and exploitation?
- What practical actions can Deaneries take against the issue?
The interactive Briefing will be led by Caroline Virgo using films and case studies which will lead to a greater understanding of the church’s interaction with potential victims.
The Clewer Initiative is the national work of the Church of England to combat modern slavery.
Find out more about the work of The Clewer Initiative via their website: https://theclewerinitiative.org/