Deaneries : "simpler, humbler, bolder" - what part should Deaneries play?
The Deanery's role in:
Re-Imagining ..... Re-Focusing ..... Re-Connecting ..... Mission and Ministry
Deanery Briefing LIVE! - the 18th national Conference in the Deanery
The call to action has never been louder. We’ve done with the talking …. Now is the time for action and getting things done!
The direction is set: we are aspiring to be Simpler …. Humbler …. and Bolder!
- A simpler Church, both in governance and structure and in the way we live and share the gospel
- A humbler Church, recognising our failings and working with others to serve the common good
- A bolder Church energised and enthused by the good news of what God has done in Jesus Christ and sharing that with everyone.
The Church of England is called to be the church for all people in all places.
The strategic priorities are:
- To be a church that is younger and more diverse
- To be a church where mixed ecology is the norm – where every person in England has access to an enriching and compelling community of faith by adding new churches and new forms of Church to our parishes, schools and chaplaincies
- To become a church of missionary disciples where all God’s people are released to live the Christian life.
In a world facing pressures the like of which we have not seen for generations what is the Deaneries role in delivering this vision?
How can the deaneries respond to the national agenda?
Deanery Briefing LIVE! - the first National Deaneries conference for over four years - will bring together leaders and experts to tackle head on and delve in deeper with “how to” breakout sessions and workshops addressing key issues to respond to the challenge of the national agenda.
All this with the opportunity to network and exchange experiences with our deanery colleagues.
Ven Adam Atkinsin
Archdeacon of Charing Cross
More on AD Adam
Ven Paul Thomas
Archdeacon of Salop
More on AD Paul